Odd Soot is Finally Live!
I’m so happy to finally make Odd Soot available to everyone. This is the best game I’ve written and I really want you to be able to play it.
This is what the early reviewers say:
'The most innovative SF I've seen.’ Alex Greene, RPG writer
'Oh, shit. Haven't read it from A to Z, but I think I'm in love. Looks really neat!’ Nils Hintze, Tales From The Loop
'This looks excellent […]; it creates a good mood, and there's a real sense of the setting, just from scanning through the rules. Looking forward to seeing this go live.' Lawrence Whitaker, The Design Mechanism
The book comes in two versions: Colour Print and PDF. It’s 270 pages of rules, setting, bestiary, scenario and GM's guidelines. The printed book is $31.95 while the PDF is $14.95.
And as always, you get the PDF for free when you purchase the print version.
You can get both from DriveThruRPG:
What’s in the Book?
Odd Soot is 270 pages, a perfect bound softcover with 20+ images in colour. The book measures 8.5”x8.5”.
The content includes:
- Character generation that integrates Circles and Relationship Maps, creating deep PCs.
- Alternate speed-creation of PCs.
- Details on how The Soot affects PCs and NPCs with two connected mechanics; a Soot value and Peculiarities.
- Extended Conflicts have been expanded to cover magic, difference engines and the handling of unknown technology.
- The setting describes the five intelligent alien species in detail, with behaviours, quirks and motivations.
- The fictional island of Doggerland and its capital Glimminge, starting points for the game, are portrayed in-depth.
- The exo-planet Sisymbrium, housing The Sinking City and The Dream Library, is covered.
- Exo-planet Vera Colony, gets a thorough description.
- The major powers, like Skreeder Shamans, The Priests of Wittenberg and The Philosophy Engine are defined, their goals and methods explained.
- Weird technology, both by aliens and the Soot-infected, is presented.
- Details on life in the alternate 1920s, including star liner travel and equipment, are included.
- An introduction scenario - The Wayward Patient - set in Doggerland.