Recasting d100 Roleplaying
Comae Engine charts a new path for the classic d100 rules,
retooled from the ground up for more creative and flexible storytelling.
What is Comae Engine?
Comae Engine is a barebones roleplaying game, based on classic d100 rules – but with some modern upgrades, to make collaborative storytelling even more creative.
How is Comae Engine Different?
Comae Engine takes a new approach to conflicts. All conflicts – combat, chases, social conflicts, physical challenges – use the same rules. This is among the best changes you can make for more varied and creative game sessions. And it often results in less in-game violence.
Who is Comae Engine for?
- You like quick and simple rules, without losing flexibility.
- You want to create tense scenes without always resorting to violence. Social conflicts, chases, research and complex tasks play important parts in your scenarios.
- You feel limited by traditional RPG’s focus on combat, but prefer rules you are accustomed to.
- You enjoy classic d100 RPGs as they are, but sometimes need a barebones version to play with family and friends.
- You play solo RPGs and need simple mechanics to keep the story nimble.
- You prefer simple rules, but want more complexity in key areas, like magic, superpowers or starship design.